Basic Hogan Interpretation & Use
The Level 1 Workshop is required for use of our full assessment suite. This course teaches professionals to interpret and apply Hogan’s three core personality-based assessments:
Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI)
Hogan Development Survey (HDS)
Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI)
Insights acquired in this 2-day workshop will challenge and change the way you think about human nature, leadership and performance. Join us to find out why over two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies are Hogan Certified!
- 2-day course
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Price includes pre-work, materials, and post-work
- U.S. Cost: $2,300 USD
- International Cost: Varies; see course catalog for details
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to interpret and apply 3 core Hogan Assessments: HPI, HDS & MVPI
- Review Hogan’s unique assessment philosophy and why it matters for proper assessment use
- Discuss the variety of potential assessment applications appropriate for each of the assessment instruments
- Review a general model for providing Hogan assessment-based feedback
Following certification, you will be able to:
- Interpret and apply Hogan’s 3 core instruments: HPI, HDS & MVPI
- Support proper application and use of the Hogan assessment tools in your organization or consulting practice
- Apply general profile analysis and feedback models designed for further practice and refinement
You will receive the following benefits as part of your Hogan certification experience:
- Our Level 1 Certification program has been approved for:
- HRCI: 13 (General) re-certification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR through the Human Resources Certification Institute
- ICF: 13 Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) units through the International Coaching Federation
- APA: 13 Continuing Education (CE) credits
Assessments. Complete three core Hogan inventories.
Reports. Receive copies of the Hogan Leadership Forecast Series of Reports, our premium leadership development product:
- Potential Report: describes results from the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI), which measures the “bright side” of personality; strengths that facilitate successful performance on the job.
- Challenge Report: describes results from the Hogan Development Survey (HDS), which measures the “dark side” of personality; potential derailers that damage interpersonal relationships and interfere with career success.
- Values Report: describes results from the Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI), which measures the “inside” of personality; values and drivers that powerfully influence organizational fit and leadership style.
- Coaching Report: provides an individual development planning template and worksheet to consolidate assessment results and apply in job context.
Feedback. Receive a personalized, 1:1 debrief of your Hogan results, facilitated by a Hogan expert.
On-Demand Learning. Access to Hogan’s Learning Management System (LMS) for interactive pre-work and continued education.
Technical Manuals. Electronic copies of Hogan’s assessment manuals.
Expert Facilitators. We select experienced Hogan consultants and facilitators with deep technical and practical expertise.
Interpretive Guide. Hard copy of the Hogan Guide, a comprehensive interpretive reference guide.
Certification Materials. Workbooks and other resources are delivered to the training location for convenience.
Consultant Support. You are assigned a Hogan Consultant who will support your implementation needs.
Networking. Attending our workshops provides an excellent opportunity to learn from others and grow your network.
Premium Experience. From the location, to facilities, to the food and beverage every detail is designed with your experience in mind.
This course is designed for:
- Learning and development professionals
- HR professionals
- Executive coaches
- I-O psychologists
- Internal and external consultants
- Talent management executives
- CHROs (Chief Human Resource Officers)
Who are interested in using Hogan for:
- Executive coaching
- Leadership development
- Employee selection
- High-potential identification and development
- Succession planning
- Team development
- Organizational analysis
“This was an extremely strong workshop with excellent facilitators; in particular, their ability to bring specific, personal examples in to help explain and enhance understanding was critical to their success. I would definitely recommend this workshop and these facilitators to friends & colleagues.”
– Brian Greer, HR Program Manager, Johnson & Johnson