When Drs. Bob and Joyce Hogan set out to produce the world’s most valid and predictive personality assessments, they did so with the future in mind. Their success was not intended to be defined by building a thriving business. To them, it was more important to have an impact on those who would study and research personality in the many years to follow.
The Hogan Award for Personality and Work Performance, awarded at the SIOP annual conference to the author(s) of a paper or chapter judged to have the highest potential to further the understanding of personality as it relates to work performance, is the most prestigious honor in the field. Previous award winners have been able to successfully leverage this honor to fast-track their careers, and become some of the leading voices in personality psychology.
Guidelines for Submission
- Papers or chapters may be submitted by any member of SIOP, including student affiliate members. Self- and other nominations are welcome. The Hogan Award Subcommittee may also generate nominations. Those evaluating the publications will be blind to the source of the nomination.
- The nomination letter should not be signed.
- Publications having multiple authors are acceptable.
- Publications must be submitted online.
Criteria for the Award
Papers or chapters completed and dated in the previous year will be evaluated in terms of the following criteria:
- The degree to which the research has a sound scientific base and illustrates innovation and excellence in the field of industrial-organizational psychology.
- The degree to which the research will advance understanding of how personality is related to competent occupational performance.
- Must have at least one author who is a SIOP professional-level member.
*Please include supporting statement/documentation for the criteria stated above.
- Publications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Awards Committee of SIOP, consisting of at least six members.
- The Awards Committee will make a recommendation to the Executive Board of SIOP about the award-winning publication.
- The Executive Board may either endorse or reject the recommendations of the Awards Committee, but may not substitute a nominee of its own.
- In the absence of a paper that is deemed deserving of the award by both the Awards Committee and Executive Board, the award may be withheld.
Nominations are now open, and the deadline for submission is midnight on June 30, 2018. The team at Hogan Assessments encourages anyone who has written a paper or chapter pertaining to personality and job performance that meets the criteria outlined above to submit for consideration.